Sunday, October 02, 2005

I met Nick Brendon, Andy Hallet, Adam Busch & Kelly Donovan!!!! Part Two

PART 2: Buffy & Angel Talk


At 5pm, a 'Buffy & Angel Talk' was held in the easyCinema near the mall where the signings had taken place. It was loads of fun! The only unexpected thing was that Adam Busch didn’t attend :o( - I'm not sure why & no comment was made. In any case, Nick, Andy, Kelly & Stacey Scowley (Kelly's girlfriend who was in one early BtVS episode) were all there.

I had arrived about 10 minutes beforehand and the theatre was already more than half-full...I thought this would be a bad thing, but I ended up on the end of the row, on the aisle down which they all walked!


They bantered away & answered questions from the floor for a full hour & I laughed and laughed. My memory being appalling, I'll just jot down various bits and bobs / impressions as I remember them...

*Andy talked about how he always cuts his own hair - which the others insisted was probably a bad idea...I thought it looked fine!)
*when asked about whether or not they missed the others they worked on in the shows, Andy replied that he missed some and missed some a lot..later, in response to a question about whether or not they hang out with others from the shows still, he said that he still hangs out a lot with Alexis & Amy, whom he is making a video for at the moment & has been making since one day when on the set of AtS Alexis (I think, or J) stole his vid camera & went around filming people, asking them what they thought of him ( he said they were nasty!!! )
*Nick was asked to do the Snoopy dance...and he did it!!!! To rapturous applause & laughter! Andy was asked to sing, but he wouldn't...later on though, a member of the audience said that it was her birthday & that yesterday when he autographed her photo he had promised her he would; still VERY reluctant, Andy was persuaded only when Nick, Kelly & Stacey began singing (although, to be honest, I think he only sang a couple of words!)
*Nick was asked about his favourite Buffy ep to film & he said that he had great fun with OMWF; later he said that his fav song was the...oh, heck...my memory's gone!!! I think he said he liked the one where Giles sings with Willow. He was also asked about his favourite line as Xander & he said it was the one when he was playing Dracula's minion in Buffy vs Dracula(and, doh, can't remember the exact line it was now, either...)
*Asked about whether they would agree to voice the Buffy animated, Nick revealed that he had spoken to Joss a couple of weeks ago & found out that it had been canned...
*Kelly spoke about the time he was doubling for Xander, being thrown around by an Ubervamp & got thrown too hard so that he dislocated his shoulder & had to go to hospital (Nick had been lounging in his trailer at the time).
* they were asked about their favourite English words - Nick said he had heard on TV that morning 'pees and plops' & that he was going to use this phrase when needing to go to the bathroom in future!
*Someone asked about the stars willingness to be in the spin-off Spike movie & all were very non-commital - in fact, both Nick & Andy jokingly said - yeah, if the money is right!
*I can't remember the question that prompted the response, but at one stage, Nick said he had been reading a lot of Hemmingway lately and Andy said he hardly read anything at all.
*Someone questioned Lorne's end in 'Not fade Away' - asking if Andy had been happy with it; he replied that how much more dramatic could it have been?! 'I blew Lindsey's head off!' He said he'd enjoyed taking the character somewhere different.

General impressions: much fun was made of Andy's roundabout way of answering questions & his seeming forgetful nature. He came across as someone really warm and fun. Nick was a joker, but he answered questions thoughtfully and was quite open. Kelly and Stacey were obviously very happy & Kelly spoke about how he is busy doing behind the scenes work now - still trying to find out what he is supposed to be doing in this world.

Sigh...it was a fabulous experience! I just wish I could remember more (I hate having a crap memory!!!) As they left, walking up the aisle, I did get to shake Nick's hand as he went past, which was cool!

3 Comments:

Blogger My Andy Hallett's Place said...

Hi, i just popped in here while searching for a photo of Andy... and found this when you met the guys.
I loved reading all your experience back then, long ago now.
Hope you don't mind if I share your photos on my site sometime and retake your story
Feel free to contact me anytime.

Thanks for sharing it,

Regards
Ginny x

11:59 PM  
Blogger 1odelia1 said...

Hi Ginny, wow, I'd forgotten this was still up, haha! It was an incredible time – can't believe it was so long ago now. No, I don't mind at all if you quote my blog or use the photos. I'm so pleased there are people like you still out there caring about Buffy! xxx

12:20 AM  
Blogger My Andy Hallett's Place said...

Hiya! (No idea what's your name! LOL)
Thanks so much I'm gonna love it sharing it !! And I will tagg your blog in it. Will add the photo of Nicholas as well, it's an awesome one!

The only little thing, detail.... I have no idea what's your name! I dont mind putting your nick from here but it'd be more personal if I can get at least your first name, if you dont mind ;) hehe

My page is all Andy Hallett, as you see... so please, visit anytime, if you want. I hope you like it ;)

www.myandyhallettsplace.blogspot.com

Thanks for your fast reply!!!

Cheers xxx

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home